Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Studying, UGH


Thanks for the post, Vernon Lowe

     I hate studying, I really do, and I can’t wait to finish up school soon. I loved being in college the first time around but now that I’m a mom I really hate having to leave my kids so I can go to campus and walk around with all the 18 year olds that are there. I wish I had gotten the right degree the first time around but I didn’t so you know, I guess that’s all there is to say about that. 

  
    I’m almost done with my Masters though so I know that it won’t take long for me to get out there and start working in the field I want to be in. I love using my Wireless Internet at the library when it’s dark out but at the same time I really miss my kids. I guess studying is just taking up more of my time than I expected it to and I’m dealing with it as I can but it’s been a long hard road for me.

6 comments:

  1. I do not mind studying to much, though sometimes if the subject's difficult it's really hard to concentrate. (I am weird in that I like research.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, I don't mind studying either especially if it is a subject I am passionate about. Thank you for stopping by to comment on this guest post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know...if all those 18 year olds had the same gumption and drive that those of us who go back to school and aren't exactly in the 18 year old bracket have could you imagine how much different things would be? (Of course, I wouldn't want to be 18 again for all the tea in whatever country is now producing it cheaper today than whatever country was producing cheaper yesterday...because there were so many things I look back on and think 'Geez, what an idiot I was!')

    Glad I stopped by. It's been a while but now that things have sort of settled down in my wacky world, I'm finally able to get back to doing the things I love doing!

    Cheers to ya!
    Avery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I agree with you completely. 18 year old kids fresh out of high school are so glad to be done with high school that they lose their momentum once they reach college. When I went back to school later I worked harder and was driven more because I wanted it. I wasn't going because it was expected but because I really wanted to. Thanks for stopping by to read and comment. So nice to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that the classes I have attended lately are 99% full of older students that FINALLY understand why education is important. Too bad we just can't seem to convey that to our children...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen E, I wonder if younger students aren't as driven because they just left high school. Maybe they haven't had a chance to get a taste of what the real world is all about...filled with bills and efforts to pay rent, buy food, and survive. They haven't had to struggle yet. Older students get it because they have been there. I went back to school when I was older and I think I was more dedicated because I was paying my own way and I had more of a clue what I personally wanted out of life. Thanks for stopping by to read and share your insight.

    ReplyDelete