Saturday, April 21, 2012

S is for Sleepy Saturdays


     Yesterday my daughter greeted the day feeling sick, and evidently today was my turn.  Her sore throat had dissipated settling into a good old fashioned head cold.  I seemed to have skipped the sore throat and went right to the head cold stage.  Even my son doesn’t seem to be in top form.


     


      Therefore after we returned from paying some bills, buying some groceries, and eating a bit of lunch, our beds seemed to call all three of us because we all ended up sound asleep burrowed deep into the covers surrounded by sleeping dogs and snoozing cats.  What a better way to restore the body and the soul when sick than to sleep?  




         A person needs their sleep to help regain strength and fight off sickness and infection.  My mom always used to say that if a person slept more than normal, they obviously needed to.  I believe that to be true. If I am tired, what will I gain by fighting it?  When sick, isn’t sleep the best true way to the road of recovery?  In my mind it is.  Obviously it is so according to the experts too.   So with no trains to catch, and no where to be, kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.
      



13 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry all of you are under the weather! But hey on the up side, at least you and your son weren't throwing up. Sleep is awesome. Something I've been unable to do lately and it's bumming me out. Seems there's so much on my mind these days that sleep eludes me. Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I hate when I have to much on my mind and can't sleep! UGH! Thank you for stopping in to read and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  2. A couple days with he flu earlier this week followed by DAYS of sleeping was what my body needed to recover. Hope you are all resting well on your sleep saturday and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh my boys will NEVER sleep when yhey're sick, drives me nuts. sounds like heave! sadly enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, my kids actually slept all afternoon. Gave me time to sleep some myself, write, and post two blogs. Amazing. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments.♥

      Delete
  4. I love sleepy Saturdays and I notice I have more of them the - ahem - older I get. It feels like I've laid down in the poppy fields of the Wizard of Oz.. Best sleep ever tho..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical Mystical Mimi, If I laid down in the poppy fields of the Wizard of Oz, I would wake up so stuffed up I couldn't breathe. Allergies you know! LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good day (except for the colds) - I love a good burrowing nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaye, one thing is sure...we didn't get a whole lot done. LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments.

      Delete
  6. Sorry you've been feeling rough. My Mum always used to say sleep was nature's cure. Feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, my mom always used to say something to that effect too. Thank you for the get well wishes my friend!! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  7. I hope you are feeling better today.

    Now I'm going to go sulk somewhere over the fact that our household has never, ever seen a sleepy Saturday...or Sunday...or Monday....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you for your kindness. I feel a little better. One of these days you will get a sleepy day...and then you honestly won't know how to act. LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!!

      Delete