Tuesday, May 22, 2012

How Do You Play?


NaBloPoMo asks: 
“How do you Play as an Adult?”


       When I was a kid, I played to win.  I danced around and offered high fives when I won, and bawled my eyes out when I lost.  It was all or nothing back then.  Nothing but a win would do. Victory was the sweetest feeling and defeat was just unthinkable.




        As soon as I became a mom my whole perception of the gaming experience changed.  All of a sudden, I didn’t play to win; I played to teach.  Somehow I became the referee and the encourager.  I became the one that gently reminded that it doesn’t matter whether you win or lose; it matters if you have fun playing the game.  Games should be fun.  If they weren’t meant to be fun it wouldn’t be called playing the game.  


  




      Before I even realized it happened, I metamorphosis into this person who no longer cared if she won but sure did celebrate the victories of others and encouraged those wallowing in the depths of despair of defeat that all is not lost.  Why, simply because we can always play again.  If you didn’t win this time, maybe next time you will until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.


6 comments:

  1. I think the only game i played to win was Trivial Pursuit b/c I know a lot of trivia and love it. But I'm the encourager like you, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I was never very good at Trivial Pursuit. The only editions I might be good at would be one about Harry Potter, the royals, or Disney. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty competitive--and have always played to win--but I also encourage along the way. Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, your kids are probably pretty competitive too. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments. ♥

      Delete
  3. Of course you must know by now that I play to win but like Jenn, I encourage along the way and as for how I play as an adult.. Well, that requires some sexy hot cabana boys, a camcorder and youtube! Ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical Mystical Mimi, why am I not surprised you would have a few hot cabana boys and a camcorder up your sleeve? LMAO Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete