Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tick Tock-BFF 196




     From the moment we take our first breaths the clock starts ticking.  It isn’t long before we realize when our belly aches it is time to eat, and when the diaper is feeling a little soggy it is time for a change.  Tick Tock goes the clock and we learn to use the potty while grown ups cheer around us.  Hooray! We learned how to aim, and where to head when that urge takes over.  


        Before long, tick tock goes the clock and we are walking, talking, playing, learning, dancing, and learning to love.  We grow up, fall in love, and may even get married.  Tick tock, it don’t stop. It just keeps going.  Time waits for no one.  It may seem to move at a snail’s pace at certain times in life.  For example, when you are pregnant, time moves slow.  Days feel like months, and months feel like years made even more unbearable by the fact you grow as big and round as the blueberry girl in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  Tick tock goes the clock and nothing lasts forever, and soon you are blessed with a beautiful baby. 



         The next thing you know the process starts with them.  You are older and a little wiser, and if you didn’t feel wise when your toddler was hurling a $hit filled pull up at your head declaring proudly that “I pooped Mommy!!” you surely did when you dodged the bomb and their aim missed their mark.  You survived the round the clock feedings.  You learn by trial and error how to be parents.






        That clock keeps ticking and babies grow into toddlers and then into kids off to school to learn all that life has to offer.    You stop to catch a breath and wonder where the time went.  Wasn’t it just yesterday they were babies?  No matter how much you wish to freeze them at that size forever, time stops for no one.  They grow up, and you grow older.




         Tick tock goes the clock and you realize how precious time is when someone you love  dies.  Your heart breaks, and you are sure time will stop.  Surely it will not keep on going without them in your life, but it does.  One minute they are here, and the next in a blink of an eye they are gone never to return, sometimes without any warning or a final goodbye.  It has always boggled my mind how that can be so, how someone who has always been there can no longer be.


         Time waits for no one.  Time marches on.  It continues with us or without us.  I spend all of my time counting the days as they drag by until my husband comes home again.  While he is here we rush around, enjoy each other, and make each precious moment count.  All too soon, he is back on the road once again and I am here missing him.  Tick tock goes the clock.  Whether the time flies or drags, it constantly passes and evolves.  I have learned to make the most of each day, live life as if each day was my last simply because the clock is always ticking and today could very well be my last until next time when I give you another glimpse into the life of a trucker’s wife.


8 comments:

  1. You are so right, Time waits for no one. Very inspiring post, thank you. Very cute progression of life!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I am so pleased you enjoyed it! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments. ♥

      Delete
  2. lol. love the diaper bomb. And yes, as I edge on to 50 I feel a bit wiser. though I think I preferred when I was younger and a bit dreamier/ Now life seems to be a lot about making lists. Hope you link up with my workshop. Would love to see what you can do with the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, my son was the king of the diaper bombs. LOL Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. I have a theory that as we get older, time goes faster. I can't even begin to tell you how time flies for me in retirement. I think it is because most of what I looked forward to has already passed by. Every day is much like the last and the next day will be much like today. Sometimes I think death is flying right into my face. That doesn't feel good at all for someone who loves life - every minute of life.

    On a better note...I love what you did with your blog. I enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene, I agree. Time does seem to go a lot faster as a person gets older. Kind of scary in a way. I am surely not ready to kick the bucket quite yet. I am so pleased you enjoyed my post and that you took the time to stop by to read and comment. ♥

      Delete
  4. The really scary thing is that the older you get, the faster time goes. Remember when you were a kid, at Christmas time, if you missed 'Charlie Brown Christmas' it seemed like 20 years till the next holiday season when it was shown again? Now I take out the holiday decorations and mutter, 'didn't I JUST put these things away?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, I have noticed that too. :D Thank you for stopping by to read and for your comments! ♥

      Delete