Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Just Dance!


    At my house we used to be obsessed with “Rock Band” for Wii.  I loved playing the drums, my daughter would rock the guitar, and my son would sing or at least something that sort of resembled singing.  Unfortunately "Rock Band" is so yesterday and being a progressive mom, I got to move with the times to keep up with my kids.



    The latest craze at our house is “Just Dance” for Wii.  It all began at the beginning of the school year when the kids came home raving about the game they were allowed to play in gym class.  Both of my kids said it was a load of fun and eventually talked me into buying a copy and giving it a go myself.  I discovered it was a fun game we could all play together and because I loved it and could get quite the workout playing it we eventually collected all four versions.  All you have to do is mimic the dancer’s moves on screen and rack up the points.

     Each version has songs that would appeal to everyone and makes an ordinary quiet night at home into a rip roaring party.  Be forewarned, you will work up a sweat and you will have a blast!  I highly recommend it for a jolly good time.



20 comments:

  1. My kids (grown) still play Rock Band when they come home. When we all join in, it is peeing in our pants funny! Haven't tried Just Dance, but I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tayla, I can imagine. It is loads of fun. I always love playing the drums. You must try Just Dance. It is a blast. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. I love the concept of Wii. Anything that gets kids moving is A-OK by me.


    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, it not only gets kids moving, it gets their mamas moving too! :D Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  3. You should try the ABBA version...I did that with my students (8th grade) and they had a blast...I got a laugh! Fun for all!

    Shannon

    The Other Side of the Equation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, I have never heard of the ABBA version. Thanks for the tip and for stopping by to read and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! I should try it with my daughter, but she would kick my butt! I like your spirit, Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beachlover, You should. It would be right down your daughter's alley. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  5. I'm so behind on what all the games are. I remember seeing Guitar Hero on Gossip Girl years ago, but I bet that's considered old school by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, Guitar Hero came out a while ago before Rock Band I think. I have never played it and jumped on the "band" wagon with rock band which is also a blast. My kids and I have traveled the world performing on Rock Band as the Monkey Butt Cheeks. Ah yes good times! You got to try it! Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  6. Looks like fun. Nice take on J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. I really struggled with J. Thank you for stopping by to read and comments.

      Delete
  7. That does look like fun, esp. the commercials I've seen for it but I fear I'd feel like too much of a clutzy dolt to try it. We don't have a gaming system anyway....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoJo, honestly you would be surprised. As long as you get the hand movements down you are good to go. Thank you for stopping by to read and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  8. Dancing is fun. Get up and move your body. I have heard that it is the best way of dealing with the ravages of Alzherimer Disease.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob-bear, now that is a relief!! Since I am already three sandwiches short of a picnic I better start shaking my groove thing now! LOL Thank you for stopping by and for your comments and bear hugs!!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like fun; I'm just glad I can walk, though. BooHoo! Such a fall for an ex-athlete.

    http://marypurpari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you got to be thankful for what you have. It is fun and mostly you have to be in sync with your hands. You only have to do your feet if you want to. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

      Delete
  10. I just knew you would work dancing into this challenge Kathy. This is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, I am so pleased you enjoyed my post! Thank you for stopping in and for your kind comments!

      Delete