Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Tunes: Roar!!


         It’s time for Tuesday Tunes and today I am spotlighting Katy Perry’s smash hit “Roar”.  Written by the singer, the gist of the song is about standing up for you when faced with conflicts in life.  It is something each one of us need to do at one time or another.  It is important to have a backbone and not allow others to walk all over you.  There is a certain determination felt throughout the song.  The accompanying video promoting the song is creative genius and revolves around a Tarzan motif. 




         When I first heard “Roar” and seen the video I have to admit that I wasn’t immediately blown away by it like I had been by some of her past hits.  The song “Roar” had to grow on me.  It rose above the noise of the competition and finally stood out on its own merit.  It demanded my attention and because of that I am spotlighting it today.  Compared with the competition of other songs in the mainstream now, it is one of the best.  Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. When i saw her perform this on MTV' music awards she was dressed as a boxer in a ring. So that threw me off of the whole jungle thing. Did you see her last week on SNL? she had all the members in band dressed in animal costumes. It was pretty funny. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holli, I did not see her on SNL but I think she is pretty amazing! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Chelsea, it is a great song! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  3. I kind of like her songs...havent heard this one, and being in office I can't open youtube, but soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sugandha, she has had a lot of great songs. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments! ♥

      Delete
  4. I saw her on SNL - she did a great job, even with her band of critters. I really like this song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, me too! Thank you for stopping in and for your comments! ♥

      Delete
  5. I love this song!! This one's super cool too!!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richa, me too! Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments!

      Delete